ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] FW: another real-world example of PEDNR problems

  • To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] FW: another real-world example of PEDNR problems
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:09:03 -0800

Forwarded on behalf of Jeff Eckhaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Eckhaus
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 8:19 AM
To: PEDNR
Subject: another real-world example of PEDNR problems

Resending

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Eckhaus
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:37 PM
To: 'Mike O'Connor'; PEDNR
Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] another real-world example of PEDNR problems

Mikey - first off, thanks for another entertaining story. I really do like
hearing these.

Rather than discuss the issues in the story (16 years of not noticing the
whois???) I would like to ask the group - does this story show that the
current system and procedures work or not? My answer is yes!

This group is focused on Post Expiration Domain Name Recovery, and in this
case, the domain expired and guess what, the registrant was able to recover
their domain name. Success.

I do like hearing these anecdotes and while entertaining I would like to
move on from this Working Group and to other issues. Can we discuss what the
next steps are and where we go from here? I am hoping this WG and PDP does
not follow so many others and live on forever.

With all that being said, there is a good chance I will miss the call this
coming Tuesday as I will be travelling but will try my best to make it.
Sorry

Jeff