ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] two real-world examples of PEDNR problems

  • To: "'James M. Bladel'" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] two real-world examples of PEDNR problems
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:26:44 -0800

Team,

The article has nothing to do with cybersquatting.....It’s clear the author is
not entirely informed, nor the people interviewed.

Latest Whois information......

 DUANPHEN SINGHAPHAN

   36 Nimmanhamin Rd. Suthep

   Muang, Chiangmai 50200

   Thailand

·         ENOM Registrar from 2001-2007 (regiSTAR.com was reseller)

·         created 11/26/2001 – City listed as Registrant

·         renewed 2002

·         gap in record to 2005 same Registrant in Jan 2005 (assume renewal in
2003 & 2004 b/c same registrant in 2005)

·         renewed 2005

·         renewed 2006

·         between Dec 2006 & Feb 2008 - domain transferred to Godaddy

·         renewed 2007

·         renewed 2008

·         11/26/2009 - domain expired

·         11/28/2009 - whois shows domain expired (David Sexton as Registrant
with email of premierquest@xxxxxxxxx  <---hosting provider)

·         12/22/2009 - no change to whois, shows expired.

·         12/27/2009 - no change to whois, shows expired.

·         12/30/2009 - no change to whois, shows expired.

·         01/09/2010 - DUANPHEN SINGHAPHAN takes possession  (*** I cannot
determine how the domain was sold...assume auction or perhaps drop or back
order.)

Additional Background:

http://www.elliotsblog.com/domain-name-expires-city-believes-cyber-squatter-stole-it-1287

Overall, I agree with Elliot's comments.  I too feel bad for the city.  I would
wonder if there is some sort of recourse against pqisp.com.

Regardless, the only way to get the domain back would be to buy it back.

Berry A. Cobb

Infinity Portals LLC

866.921.8891