ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] a great/fun example of simple-language click-through contracts

  • To: Helen <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] a great/fun example of simple-language click-through contracts
  • From: Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 02:43:34 +0530

Though it appears difficult, the long, complex contract can be reduced to
five or six important points which can be prominently posted with the
disclaimer that the simplified conditions are indicative and that the
Registrant is bound by the full set of conditions.

Mike and a few others could work on this, beginning with a study of typical
registrar-registrant agreements (Godaddy, verisign, PIR and one or two other
Registrars) and mercilessly reduce the clauses to five or six simple & short
sentences in plain and simple English.

That would be a beginning. If this exercise progresses further, PEDNR group
can seek the services of a legal expert + a communications expert with a
flair for powerfully conveying complex points in simple words

Sivasubramanian M