ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] another data-point

  • To: mike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] another data-point
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:47:44 -0700

One of the problems with these type of anecdotes is that the writer does
not know the nature of the business arrangement and/or applicable
agreement. It has been fairly common (although more so in the past) that
a hosting company bundle a domain with it's hosting. If you cancel the
hosting or don't renew it, you could also lose the domain. There is
nothing wrong with that legally, policy wise, etc., and it in no way
necessarily means the hosting provider is deficient in it's service or
trying to pull anything underhanded.

Tim