ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR: A proposed path forward

  • To: "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR: A proposed path forward
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:55:03 -0700

example given below.&nbsp; Currently, there is nothing in consensus policy to
prevent a registrar from deleting a name -immediately- upon expiration.&nbsp;
So offering a 5-day window backed by policy is indeed
behind this proposed grace period is to allow for mis-communication, billing
errors, differing holiday calendars, etc.&nbsp; Anything greater than 5 days
and we are, in effect, requiring registrars to offer free services and
disregarding the responsibilities of the Registrant.&nbsp; Most registrars
would likely opt for immediate deletion to avoid these extra
blue; margin-left: 8px; padding-left: 8px; font-size: 10pt; color: black;
font-family: verdana;">
-------- Original Message --------<br>