ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] Clarification of reference to VI working group

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] Clarification of reference to VI working group
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 20:18:07 -0400

I realized after the call today that those who were not on the Vertical Integration Working Group may have misunderstood something that I said. I had said that in trying to reach consensus (or not), that we should try to break our proposals for recommendations down to their individual components, and try to find common ground one-by-one instead of with entire proposals.

I mentioned the lack of doing that as one of the possible reasons that the VI WG had not come to closure. It must be noted that it was not for lack of trying that this methodology was not used (for those on the group, think "atoms"), but rather the proponents of the various proposals felt that their entire proposal had to be treated as a whole and could not be disassembled.

Hopefully, most of our possible recommendations are not inextricably linked together, and we will not suffer from the same problem.

Alan