ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] FW: Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro - Chat Transcript from PEDNR

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] FW: Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro - Chat Transcript from PEDNR
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:55:19 -0800

Dear All,

Please find below the chat transcript of today's PEDNR WG meeting.

With best regards,

Marika

On 16/11/10 21:52, "Marika Konings"
<marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

  Marika Konings:PEDNR WG Meeting- 16 November 2010
  Alan Greenberg:Waiting to get on...
  Jeffrey Eckhaus:I am on Adobe but will be  5 minutes late to call
  Berry Cobb:At the very least, you can talk about ATRT during one of those 4
other sessions.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jeffrey Eckhaus has joined the call
  CLO:here is the ALAQC  schedule
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Cartagena+2010+-+Meetings+Schedule
  CLO:ALAC
  Paul Diaz:we'll come back to # of days later, yes?
  CLO:I would assume so Paul
  CLO:I'd want to for SURE
  Paul Diaz:lol
  Paul Diaz:understood
  CLO:But it is not Out Of Scope either IMO
  Gisella Gruber-White:Mason Cole joined the call
  Alan Greenberg:Welcome Mason!
  Mikey O'Connor:are those birds in the background?
  Mikey O'Connor:it's snowing here.  we kill da birdies and eat them
  Paul Diaz:yum
  Sivasubramanian M:Why are we not discussing the number of days?
  ron wickersham:Siva, we will discuss number of days later.  to hard to cover
at this time.
  CLO:They are Galahs  here in Aus  to eat them the story goes  you boil them
with a rock  when rock tender throw  bird away and eat rock...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galah
  Sivasubramanian M:Thanks Ron
  Sivasubramanian M:two issues here:
  Sivasubramanian M:1. RGP should be a consensus policy
  Sivasubramanian M:2) Transfer between Registrars shoud be allowed mandatorily
  Sivasubramanian M:and transfer shoudl be an easy process
  Sivasubramanian M:not a complex process
  Paul Diaz:no transfers during RGP - totally out of scope for this WG
  Sivasubramanian M:But in a situation where the Registry offeres RGP, but not
the Registrar, then the Registrant is trapped, so tansfer would be a way out
  Paul Diaz:no, it wouldn't (at least in a thin registry), given such cases
likely will involve domains with changed DNS records - and the Registry won't
be able to vet the "RAE" bona fides
  Paul Diaz:regardless, Transfer Policy changes are well outside the scope of
this PDP
  Sivasubramanian M:If transfer constraints affect the ability of a
Registrant's ability to recover the domain name, then it is to be deemed well
within the purview of this workign gorup to discuss Transfer Policy changes.
  Sivasubramanian M:What is the idea of exceptions to what ought to be a
consensus and universal  measure?
  CLO:Windows  Reasinable ones ;-)  are worthy of exploration IMO
  CLO:Reasonable (sorry typo)
  Mikey O'Connor:Windows works for me too
  Paul Diaz:Sub 1-yr terms are theoretical, no?
  Sivasubramanian M:whether or not icann has auditing capability, if a process
is recommended for registrars to adopt, why don't you recommend tthat it be
implemented ina transparent manner?
  Sivasubramanian M:a simple solution woudl be suggest that Regisrars pay
attention to their bounced messages
  James Bladel:I think the terms of art are "in-band" and "out-of-band"
  James Bladel:Note:  don't pull history with Mikey & Alan in the room. :)
  Mikey O'Connor:young whippersnappers...
  James Bladel:But I don't like using "push/pull" terms either, so I'll leave
it at that.
  James Bladel:Maybe "Active" / "Passive"?
  James Bladel:Klondike-Five.
  James Bladel:Canadian Army Issued.  Double Moose Power. :)
  Jeffrey Eckhaus:I need to drop off. Have to get the overseas operator and mae
a person to person call
  Jeffrey Eckhaus:make
  James Bladel:station to station?
  CLO:Now  your talking James  my Emerency Services and Military days all just
came back =>  Over ;-)
  James Bladel::)
  Mikey O'Connor:KLondike-five = 555
  CLO:Code 20 then :-)
  Mikey O'Connor:good for directory-info calls in North America
  Mikey O'Connor:send the chat this time for sure.  most excellent.
  CLO:Bye all