ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] Chat from today's call

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] Chat from today's call
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:55:11 -0500

Marika Konings: PEDNR WG Meeting- 16 November 2010
Alan Greenberg: Waiting to get on...
Jeffrey Eckhaus: I am on Adobe but will be  5 minutes late to call
Berry Cobb: At the very least, you can talk about ATRT during one of those 4 other sessions.
Gisella Gruber-White: Jeffrey Eckhaus has joined the call
CLO: here is the ALAQC schedule https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Cartagena+2010+-+Meetings+Schedule
CLO: ALAC
Paul Diaz: we'll come back to # of days later, yes?
CLO: I would assume so Paul
CLO: I'd want to for SURE
Paul Diaz: lol
Paul Diaz: understood
CLO: But it is not Out Of Scope either IMO
Gisella Gruber-White: Mason Cole joined the call
Alan Greenberg: Welcome Mason!
Mikey O'Connor: are those birds in the background?
Mikey O'Connor: it's snowing here.  we kill da birdies and eat them
Paul Diaz: yum
Sivasubramanian M: Why are we not discussing the number of days?
ron wickersham: Siva, we will discuss number of days later. to hard to cover at this time. CLO: They are Galahs here in Aus to eat them the story goes you boil them with a rock when rock tender throw bird away and eat rock... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galah
Sivasubramanian M: Thanks Ron
Sivasubramanian M: two issues here:
Sivasubramanian M: 1. RGP should be a consensus policy
Sivasubramanian M: 2) Transfer between Registrars shoud be allowed mandatorily
Sivasubramanian M: and transfer shoudl be an easy process
Sivasubramanian M: not a complex process
Paul Diaz: no transfers during RGP - totally out of scope for this WG
Sivasubramanian M: But in a situation where the Registry offeres RGP, but not the Registrar, then the Registrant is trapped, so tansfer would be a way out Paul Diaz: no, it wouldn't (at least in a thin registry), given such cases likely will involve domains with changed DNS records - and the Registry won't be able to vet the ''RAE'' bona fides Paul Diaz: regardless, Transfer Policy changes are well outside the scope of this PDP Sivasubramanian M: If transfer constraints affect the ability of a Registrant's ability to recover the domain name, then it is to be deemed well within the purview of this workign gorup to discuss Transfer Policy changes. Sivasubramanian M: What is the idea of exceptions to what ought to be a consensus and universal measure?
CLO: Windows  Reasinable ones ;-)  are worthy of exploration IMO
CLO: Reasonable (sorry typo)
Mikey O'Connor: Windows works for me too
Paul Diaz: Sub 1-yr terms are theoretical, no?
Sivasubramanian M: whether or not icann has auditing capability, if a process is recommended for registrars to adopt, why don't you recommend tthat it be implemented ina transparent manner? Sivasubramanian M: a simple solution woudl be suggest that Regisrars pay attention to their bounced messages
James Bladel: I think the terms of art are ''in-band'' and ''out-of-band''
James Bladel: Note:  don't pull history with Mikey & Alan in the room. :)
Mikey O'Connor: young whippersnappers...
James Bladel: But I don't like using ''push/pull'' terms either, so I'll leave it at that.
James Bladel: Maybe ''Active'' / ''Passive''?
James Bladel: Klondike-Five.
James Bladel: Canadian Army Issued.  Double Moose Power. :)
Jeffrey Eckhaus: I need to drop off. Have to get the overseas operator and mae a person to person call
Jeffrey Eckhaus: make
James Bladel: station to station?
CLO: Now your talking James my Emerency Services and Military days all just came back => Over ;-)
James Bladel: :)
Mikey O'Connor: KLondike-five = 555
CLO: Code 20 then :-)
Mikey O'Connor: good for directory-info calls in North America
Mikey O'Connor: send the chat this time for sure.  most excellent.
CLO: Bye all