ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Exceptions

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Exceptions
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 14:29:42 -0700

My general thoughts about "Policy Exceptions"

If we are creating exceptions to policy, then we are tacitly
acknowledging that registrars require discretion in this area.  Which
raises the question of whether Consensus Policy is the appropriate
hammer for this particular nail.

So, we should look at other remedies (e.g. Best Practices) or build more
flexibility into the policy language itself.

Thanks--

J.