ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Comments on GoDaddy data and proposal

  • To: "'Michele Neylon :: Blacknight'" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'James M. Bladel'" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Comments on GoDaddy data and proposal
  • From: "Michael Young" <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:25:05 -0500

Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be an email address, could be a mobile
number you send a text too, given that number portability is much better
supported these days - people do not abandon mobile numbers like they do
email addresses. Another (more complicated) option would be an instant
messenger request.

This is actually making me think of some cool product helper tools for
registrars, but I digress,..........

Any of this however, is significant work(and a text message cost $$$) on the
part of Registrars, and should be a best practise, since really, the
registrant should take some responsibility for keeping their contact info up
to date.   Having said that, I can see from this thread, that for some
registrars, this would be a customer service differentiator that they
already offer some form of.

Michael Young