ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposal regarding Guaranteed renewal period and blackout

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposal regarding Guaranteed renewal period and blackout
  • From: MICHAEL YOUNG <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:42:30 -0500

Clarification? Does blackout include cases where there is only a port 80
redirect (other DNS records (IE MX) remain as is)? Or is it defined as no
DNS resolution whatsoever?

Michael Young

From:  Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:38:01 -0800
To:  Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, PEDNR
<gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Proposal regarding Guaranteed renewal period
and blackout

As an additional clarification, there is no requirement to blackout
unless/until the registrar no longer wants to guarantee ability to renew.

Marika