ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Your feedback requested - outstanding items from last week's call

  • To: "'Michele Neylon :: Blacknight'" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Your feedback requested - outstanding items from last week's call
  • From: "Michael Young" <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:03:55 -0500

Michele I don`t want anyone to think this was an idea I was advocating, the
things I put forward are strictly in the hope of finding common ground so we
can wrap this never ending working group.

In that spirit, lets simplify the language on Recommendation 3 to:

Recommendation #3 - Following expiration, during Autorenew Grace Period, if
a Registrar Deletes a Registered Name and that Registered Name enters the
RGP, the Registrar must allow the Registered Name Holder at Expiration to
redeem the Registered Name.

I am supposing any Registrar that deletes a domain during Autorenew Grace
Period has not further interest in the domain and would not object to the
RAE recovering it at that point.

Michael Young