[gnso-pednr-dt] For review - PEDNR Final Report
- To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] For review - PEDNR Final Report
- From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 03:13:39 -0700
You'll find posted on the wiki
(https://community.icann.org/display/gnsopednr/Next+Meeting) a first version of
the PEDNR Final Report. This version incorporates the comments / edits
circulated by Alan earlier today, edits to mark the change from proposed Final
Report to Final Report as well as changes as a result of the WG's review and
discussion of the public comments received (see also updated version of public
comment review tool posted). Your specific attention is requested for the
* Recommendation #7 & #8 – Are people happy with the language proposed by
Alan (see http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-pednr-dt/msg00813.html) and
incorporated in the draft version?
* Recommendation #10 – Does the WG still intend to develop an exception
policy, or based on recent discussions this is no longer considered necessary?
* Recommendation #15 & #16 (NEW) - Review the language for the best
practices recommendations that the WG agreed to include in response to some of
the comments received
* Recommendation #17 (NEW) - Review proposed language for 'pro-active'
recommendation on no transfer during RGP
* Implementation of RGP – See
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-pednr-dt/msg00815.html and comment 33 of the
public comment review tool. Should further guidance concerning the
implementation of the RGP be included in the report?
* Section 5 Registrar Survey & Section 8 PEDNR WG Survey – The WG might
consider moving these sections to the Annexes so that the focus of the main
body of the report is on the WG deliberations, public comments received and
* Standard decision-making methodology – Please review section 3.6 of the
GNSO Working Group Guidelines which outlines the standard methodology for
well as the different designations to be used.
* Public comment review tool – please review the public comment review tool
to ensure it captures the WG deliberations accurately.
Please note that I have not updated the recommendations in the executive
summary, only in section 10, as I plan to do update the executive summary once
the WG has finalized the recommendations in section 10. Also, I've not
renumbered or re-organized the recommendations by related issue which might be
easier to do at the end of the process.
You are encouraged to share your comments, edits and/or suggestions with the
mailing list by either redlining the word version or referring to the line
numbers in the pdf version.