ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Updated version of PEDNR Final Report posted

  • To: marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Updated version of PEDNR Final Report posted
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:43:43 -0700

One other question/suggestion, sorry to bring it up so late but it
didn't strike me until now, perhaps due to changes.

Rec. 7 requires two notices to be sure some notice is given at
reasonable times. Fine, but why the need to require similar timing if
more than two are sent? It seems unnecessary and possibly even too
restrictive. There are more types of registrants and business models
than we can shake a stick at. It just may be that some other timing or
frequency makes sense and gets better results. So require the two as
stated, but drop the "if more than two" requirement. It isn't really
necessary, IMHO.

Tim