ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR Recommendations 16, 17

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, Berry Cobb <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR Recommendations 16, 17
  • From: Rob Hall <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 02:56:32 +0000

Actually, this is the diagram ICANN has used for the life cycle of a domain at
many conferences.  I first introduced it when I spoke a few years ago on the
subject, and ICANN refined it.

It was the same diagram that was used over and over at discussion and lectures,
including the one Alan invited me to speak at that lead to the creation of this
PENDR working group.

I believe the diagram is accurate, so I am not sure where people are saying it
is wrong.

Personally, I don't think the bottom arrows that allude to tasting and drop
catching are appropriate to have on the one that the registrants rights
document links to, but I believe the actual domain life cycle to be accurate.

Rob.