ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-dt]

[gnso-policyimpl-dt] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation DT meeting - 10 June 2013

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation DT meeting - 10 June 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:59:45 -0700

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Drafting Team teleconference will be held on
Monday 17 June 2013 at 1900 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 10 June 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20130610-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>jun

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Avri Doria - NCSG
Eric Brunner-Williams - Individual
Eduardo Diaz - ALAC
Mike O'Connor - ISPCP
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Wolf Knoben - ISPCP
Edward Morris - NCSG
Greg Shatan - IPC
Tim Ruiz - RrSG
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC
Carlos Dionisio Aguirre -
Jordyn Buchanan -

Apologies:
Jill Titzer - RrSG
Brian Winterfeldt - IPC

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Lars Hoffman
Berry Cobb
Julia Charvolen
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/wiJ-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 10 June 2013:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the first meeting of the Policy & Implementation
Drafting Team on 10 June 2013

  ebw:i heard a caller but wasn't

  ebw:audio check when convenient please.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Yes, it's coming!

  ebw:hello eduardo, mikey

  Eduardo Diaz:!Hola a Todos! (Hello everyone)

  Mike O'Connor:hi all

  Norberto Cruz Córdova:Saludos a todos!!. Hello everyone!!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello all, please remember to mute your PC microphones
when not speaking. We can hear typing, thank you!

  ebw:muted.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:thank you Eric!

  Holly Raiche:Good morning everyone

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES

  Holly Raiche:We're on mute as requested

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Holly, the operator is dialing out to you, are you happy
on the AC room?

  Holly Raiche:Hi Wolf

  Holly Raiche:Yes - my phone line is AWFUL

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I'm here as well Natalie

  Mike O'Connor:no echo here

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Cheryl, APOLOGIES, I've noted you, of course! First
meeting nerves :)

  Holly Raiche:No - mine is up to date

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:LOL

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Tim Ruiz has joined the call

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:Im here too Nathalie

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Noted Carlos, thank you!

  Holly Raiche:Yes we can

  Mike O'Connor:we can hear Eric

  Mike O'Connor:Marika, we CAN hear Eric

  Eduardo Diaz:I can not hear him

  Marika Konings:I cannot hear him

  Wolf Knoben:no I can't here him

  Mike O'Connor:Adobe connect is working fine

  Avri Doria:maybe the bridge can't hear adobe connect

  Holly Raiche:I can hear him well

  Mike O'Connor:we can hear Eric fine on Adobe

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes WE can Marika

  Marika Konings:we are checking what is happening

  Holly Raiche:I am using Adobe and can hear him well

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:he's  OK

  Mike O'Connor:keep talking Eric

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:phew

  Mike O'Connor:way to go Eric

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:LOL

  Mike O'Connor:lots of echo

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:Don't be on both bridges at the same time.  :-)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jordyn A. Buchanan has joined the call

  Tim Ruiz:I couldn't here him either until just now.

  Mike O'Connor:yay Eric -- good debugging  :-)

  Mike O'Connor:yep

  ebw:i can hear you via adobe

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:not dialed in yet *sigh* but I assume  most of you have
met or worked with me  in or on Policy matters   if not we'll catch up ;-)   my
interest  echo others re this matter(s) of policy and implementation I'm active
in a few parts of ICANN

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):@ Cheryl - Are you following me again?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Of *course I am Chuck ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and I'm now dialed in  Thanks

  Avri Doria:newcomer is a good diea

  Avri Doria:i mean idea

  ebw:are there any real newcomer(s)?

  Avri Doria:relative newcomers, yes.

  Avri Doria:i'll help

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sure  plenty of us can help

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:less time than in a full WG  but a good guide is planned
meeting time X 1->2.5 for a DT  over a short period of time its admin and
aggregation work mainly

  Avri Doria:Note, often DT chairs are convinced to become WG chairs.  But this
is not required.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:true @ Avri and that Job  (if the topic is tricky) needs
some practice and experience IMO  to be most effective

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):Note that staff is extremely helpful for the chair or
co-chairs

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:INDEED  @ Chuck

  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:I propose Wolf Ulrich Knoben as a chair, he has a lot
experience and capacity in this DT

  ebw:i was just about to ask

  Mike O'Connor:perfect!  just after nap time

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):@Holly That is fair.

  Avri Doria:By acclimation!

  Mike O'Connor:yay Holly!

  Holly Raiche:Thank you

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you have plenty of GNSO WG and DT old hands to help Holly
must ask....

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Brian Winterfelt sends his apology for this call

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:I just lost audio on Adobe.  Anyone else?

  Mike O'Connor:nope -- working fine

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:Oh, I'm back.  seems to be my computer/network.

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):Note that PDPs are not only for consensus policy.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@ Jordyn  keep an eye on the colour bar on top right of
the Adobe room it indicates your conectivity

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Good point  @ Chuck

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes please Marika

  Holly Raiche:That would be helpful

  Eduardo Diaz:Can you send the links to some of these?

  Holly Raiche:Better still - put links in the wiki

  Mike O'Connor:+1 Chuck

  Holly Raiche:I'd stil like to see some

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and NOW  my hand  goes up *sigh*

  Holly Raiche:That's what I was thinking

  Marika Konings:I'll provide the group with the links (and will also post them
on the wiki) of recent charters

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):@ Mikey:  3 boxes - add deliverables & timeframes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed  @Chuck

  Tim Ruiz:I set aside  three months for this! Now what? ;-)

  Mike O'Connor:LOL

  Mike O'Connor:more time on the beach?

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):@ Tim: :)  I would like to think that the WG could be
formed in 3 months.

  Tim Ruiz:@Chuck, Agree

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:Can we be done in time to get a charter to the GNSO
Council in Durban?

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:That would be really cool.

  Marika Konings:The deadline for submission would be 7 July to be considered
in Durban

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:So 4 weeks, basically.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:date for Durban Docs to GNSO  cut off please Marika?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ahh thanks

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:4 weeks  is  doable  IMO  (I've blocked off  5 in my
calendar fro this at this stage ;-)

  Holly Raiche:Yes please

  Mike O'Connor:i agree -- a "starter" is really helpful

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:I also have strong opinions about this and would be glad
to take a pass at stuff for "Mission & Scope" and "Objectives & Goals" as
another strawman for conversation.

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:We could mix and match between docs...

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:fill  in as many boxes as appropriate  IMO as base line
for discussion  YES  using familar and pre discussed terms...

  Holly Raiche:Understood - I think we are on the same page

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:Yeah, what Chuck just said.  :-)

  Holly Raiche:I would hope we can have stuff to work on for Durban - face to
face is always easier

  Holly Raiche:Great

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):I support targeting completion of our work with a motion
by July 7

  Holly Raiche:@ Chuck - agree

  Mike O'Connor:it would be great if we're done before.

  Eduardo Diaz:@chuck - second

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:Yeah, I think getting something ready for council
consideration in Durban means we need to be done by then.

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:July 7 is a Sunday, July 4 is a holiday in the US.  We
probably realistically need to be done by July 3 EOD.

 Jordyn A. Buchanan:Which means we get 3 calls to get this done.

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:(after this one)

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):If we work in between calls, we can do it.

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:Agreed.

  Jordyn A. Buchanan:I think it's worth it!

  Greg Shatan:Agree -- losing 2 months would be a pity.

  Holly Raiche:That would be great - so everyone can have a look before the
next call

  Eduardo Diaz:If we just have to focus on mission, purpose and deliverables, I
belive it can be done by then.

  Mike O'Connor:every day is a holiday for me

  Wolf Knoben:Holy Mikey!°

  Mike O'Connor:i only work on holidays?  uh oh

  ebw:work items please.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Future calls  book for 90 mins  with possible extension
for 30 in calendars?

  Mike O'Connor:+1 Cheryl

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:same time and date...

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):@ Cheryl:  Good idea

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Always happy to finish early

  Greg Shatan:90 mins sound good

  Holly Raiche:Well done Marika

  Chuck Gomes (RySG):Thanks Marika.

  Avri Doria:bye y'all