ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group
  • From: Nic Steinbach <nic@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:58:28 -0600

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the work you have put into this already. I was hoping that
you or someone else on this list could point me in the right direction
on one front.

There is a section in the charter that outlines questions that might
be helpful to the working group. One of them is:

"4. What lessons can be learned from past experience?
a. What are the consequences of an action being considered “policy” vs.
“implementation?..."

A few instances in the past few months immediately spring to my mind
for "past experience", but I was wondering if there was a more
authoritative resource. I know that the GNSO site has a completed
project list, but it is difficult to identify instances where this
decision was made (especially when an action was considered an
implementation).

Any suggestions for getting a better historical perspective on this
issue would be much appreciated. Looking forward to working with you
all.

Thanks,

Nic

--