ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

RE: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Fwd: [council] Message from Policy & Implementation WG

  • To: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Fwd: [council] Message from Policy & Implementation WG
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:48:50 +0000

Please see my responses below Amr.

Chuck

From: Amr Elsadr [mailto:aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 9:21 AM
To: Gomes, Chuck
Cc: gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Fwd: [council] Message from Policy &
Implementation WG

Thanks Chuck, and thanks for clarifying the "picket fence" issue. Should we
then, reconsider including it as a working definition?

[Chuck Gomes] As you probably saw in my responses to Mikey's input on the
definition, I supported this suggestion from him: "Might want to add "sometimes
referred to as 'the picket fence' " - it took me several years to figure out
what that was all about."  I personally don't think we need a definition of the
picket fence for the P&I WG but if we reference it as Mikey suggests, it might
be helpful to provide a link to one of the registry agreements and the RAA that
defines it.  Note that it is fairly long.  We can discuss this in our WG
meeting in Singapore.

Regarding "Policy Advice", I seem to remember things a bit differently. I
wouldn't be surprised if I am confused, though. If I'm not mistaken though, the
process for submitting advice without a PDP is what we need to work out in
"Policy Guidance".

If I confused the two, I apologise.
[Chuck Gomes] I could be confused as well.  Let's talk about it with the full
WG and make any clarifications we think may be needed.  No apologies needed
because there is so much going on.

Thanks again.

Amr

On Mar 17, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Gomes, Chuck