ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Agenda and draft documents for WG call on 13 August 2014

  • To: "Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Agenda and draft documents for WG call on 13 August 2014
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:48:50 +0000

Hi Wolf-Ulrich,

In line with the existing PDP, our suggestion would be that there are only
minimum timelines, not maximum as we have learned from past experiences that
those do not really work. If there would be time restrictions due to
external deadlines or sense of urgency, the Council could set those as part
of the scope setting phase. Normally it will depend on the complexity of the
issue, outreach / discussion needed, how quick or slow a certain process may
run, but the idea would be to leave as much flexibility as possible so that
it can go as fast or as slow as is needed for the particular issue under
consideration.

Best regards,

Marika