ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] ALAC & ISPCP input

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Graham <gnosisiplaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] ALAC & ISPCP input
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:08:24 +0000

Hello Chuck, Michael and everyone,

The current draft Working Principles do take on board some of the ALAC¹s
suggested principles, in particular the need for: (1) a methodology that
recognizes when a decision may impact the community, (2) a bottom up process
to address such decisions, and (3) time sensitive processes. What the
Principles may not yet fully address are the points regarding a way to come
to closure when the community is divided on an issue, and the role of the
Board in such an instance. These can be taken up by the WG when it returns
to reviewing the draft Principles after completing its work on the various
Deliverables, unless there is a reason to do so earlier.

On a separate but related note, attached to this email is a chart that
Olevie prepared on the ISPCP constituency input, which in the last column
shows whether the WG has considered the feedback. As it proceeds with its
deliberations on implementation issues, the WG may wish to note that the
ISPCP constituency made two specific suggestions ­ first, a mandatory
community implementation team for certain types of PDP work, and secondly,
public comment periods after certain milestones are reached during
implementation.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong