ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

RE: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Principle ii.b action item

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Principle ii.b action item
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 00:19:21 +0000

Thanks Avri.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:00 PM
To: gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Principle ii.b action item

Hi,

At the last meeting, I expressed concern about the wording of Principle II.B in
the implementation framework and Chuck suggested that I provide some
alternative wording. (that was a modified quote from Chuck's message reminding
me to do this - what a chair!)

Re II.b

> B.    ICANN Staff strive to follow the letter and the intent underlying
> GNSO Consensus Policy recommendations when designing implementations
> and transforming Consensus Policy recommendations into Consensus
> Policies. Staff will be held accountable by the GNSO Council (or its
> agent, such as an implementation review team) for ensuring that the
> implementation of policies is consistent with the policy
> recommendations and the reasoning underlying the policy
> recommendations.

How about appending something like:

In any case where the intention of the GNSO, as interpreted by the ICANN Staff,
does not correspond to a strict interpretation of the recommendation text
itself, the Staff should consult with the GNSO for clarification.

avri