ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 01 October 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 01 October 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:12:24 +0000

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
Face to Face in Los Angeles.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working
group call held on Wednesday 01 October 2014 at 19:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20141001-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20141001-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#oct>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#oct

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large

Chuck Gomes - RySG

Avri Doria-NCSG

Alan Greenberg-ALAC

Michael Graham - IPC

Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC

J.Scott Evans - BC

Klaus Stoll - NPOC

Greg Shatan-IPC

Carlos Raul- GAC

Tom Barrett-RrSG

Stephanie Perrin-NCUC

Amr Elsadr-NCUC

Apologies:

Olevie Kouami - NPOC

Jonathan Frost - RySG

Wolf-Ullrich Knoben- ISPCP

Seun Ojedeji-NCUC

ICANN staff:

Amy Bivins

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Karen Lentz

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag>
https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 01 October 2014

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation WG Meeting of 1
October 2014

  Carlos Raul:thank you

  Carlos Raul:I;m in observer status

  Carlos Raul:trying to get up to speed for LA

  Alan Greenberg:I'm on now.

  J. Scott:I am here

  Michael R. Graham:I'm here, too!

  Avri Doria:i tink i am here, but missed my name.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Avri

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Michael Graham

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I see it as an adjunct doc

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Tom Barrett

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Stephanie Perrin

  Alan Greenberg: Looked at *AND* worked with the GDD to ensure that their
process will mesh with our recommendations.

  Stephanie Perrin:my apologies for being late

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Amr Elsadr

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. So sorry I'm late. Just got in.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Terri.

  Mary Wong:@CHuck, it may just be my line but you just came across as very
soft in your last comment (not so before)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Marika - Thank you!

  Stephanie Perrin:If anyone has any hints on why my adobe connect keeps
getting hung and dropping sound, I would love to know. Has been happening a
lot the last couple of weeks.

  Marika Konings:@Stephanie - which browser do you use?

  Stephanie Perrin:Firefox, on an IMAC...

  Mary Wong:@CHcuk, yes

  Marika Konings:do you have the Adobe add-on activated?

  Karen Lentz:i hear you

  Mary Wong:Much better

  J. Scott:Yes

  J. Scott:I use Safari on my MacBook and I am usually stable.

  Stephanie Perrin:Thanks very much...maybe I will try safari instead, and
maybe I need the adobe add on...what is it called?

  Berry Cobb:For additional insight in to section IV, it is based on a
proven method of the "Waterfall" model typically used within IT Enterprises.
It was adapted somewhat for GDD's needs in deployment of Consensus Policies.

  Marika Konings:I think there is also a page where you can check your  AC
connection - let me try and find it.

  Marika Konings:Maybe try this:
https://icann.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

  Stephanie Perrin:Thanks Marika!

  Terri Agnew:@Stephanie, I also just sent you an email with tips from tech
support

  Stephanie Perrin:Thanks a lot folks, I just ran the diagnostic, and it
turns out I did not have the adobe addin.  Installing it now.

  Marika Konings:@Anne - that is also a question for this WG - should an IRT
be mandatory?

  Alan Greenberg:I think that we already sort of decided to do that.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we may of course recommend that an IRT is always used
and define the role more

  Mary Wong:@CLO, yes - that can be one recommendation from this WG.

  Alan Greenberg:Or perhaps the GNSO Should have ability to NOT set one up.

  Mary Wong:As Marika notes above.

  Mary Wong:@Anne, out of curiosity, what IRT were you thinking of that
"wrapped too soon"?

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Good question - Is this doc going out fore public
comment?

  Alan Greenberg:@Anne, as MAry, also curious.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Michael - I put the charts to the draft Guidance
process to the IPC but not the Staff doc on implementation framework -

  Mary Wong:@Anne, I believe the WG is soliciting SG/C input on just the
charts at this time.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:This format is better - more easily read.

  Amr Elsadr:Is the WG still willing to receive feedback on the charts?
Wasn't the deadline about 3 weeks ago?

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Do we know the venue for Marrackech?  My secretary is
having a terrible time findin info on the website and we have to budget NOW.
Same HUGE problem in relation to LAC meeting in June and no ability to
budget.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so situation normal then Chuck ;-)

  Avri Doria:i like this picture!!

  Avri Doria:spent quite a bit staring at it before the meeting and it is
very useful

  Mary Wong:@Anne, I'm afraid staff on this call don't have that information
- perhaps the Meetings Team has an update.

  Mary Wong:@Avri, thanks - it's all Marika's work!

  Chuck Gomes:The Marrakesh venue will likely be announced in L.A. if not
sooner.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes this visual aid is very useful to show links and
interactions/process

  Avri Doria:she is really become masterful at these picture things.

  Stephanie Perrin:I hate to sound picky, but the white text is hard to
read, could we pick a different colour font?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed @avri almost ayrisk of typecasting :-)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:AGree with Stephanie on color of text

  Avri Doria:it works better in full screen.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should read a risk.  of course auto correct 'works'when
I don't need it to *sigh*

  J. Scott:Anne & Stephanie.  Bump up your size to 150% its a bit easier to
read.

  Amr Elsadr:Yes. Pretty clear at 150%.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Mine is already bumpted to 150% and the white text
looks funny in the orange in particular - okay in blue

  Stephanie Perrin:I am at 200...with a giant screen. One has to think about
disability, white is not a good colour for text.  Sorry to be dogmatic....

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Suggest switch to orange and black no later than
October 31 ;-)

  Stephanie Perrin:totally....preferably on semi transparent...

  Amr Elsadr:@Marika: Awesome presentation. Thanks.

  Mary Wong:@Amr, I don't have the list of SG/C responses with me but will
get back to you on whether they're still coming in (or can still).

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:But what if it not the IRT that raise the quetions?
What if Board or GNSO Council member raises the issue?

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Mary. NCSG hasn't submitted anything.

  Amr Elsadr:I recall there being a Sep 9th deadline.

  Marika Konings:Thank you all for your comments! And happy to change the
font in the next iteration (or colour if that makes it easier to review)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:change color for orange boxes please

  Stephanie Perrin:Agree with Alan re awesome firehose, will review the
transcript....

  Avri Doria:sorry i have another meeting now.  bye

  Stephanie Perrin:and please note the bit about semi-transparent was a joke
(although it does work well with black)

  Marika Konings:@Anne - any preference for color ;-)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese: I mean text color or if leaving it white, change box
color e.g. green

  Marika Konings:@Amr - in relation to your previous question, I think we
only received a response from ALAC noting that it seemed in line with their
comments (if I recall well)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks everyone!

  Amr Elsadr:I think the IGF made it a little extra challenging to submit
comments in time.

  Stephanie Perrin:thanks all and special thanks for tech help!

  Karen Lentz:thanks all

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.

  tom barrett - EnCirca:bye

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:safe travels to those coming to LA