ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review & input

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review & input
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:31:13 +0000

Dear All,

As discussed during our meeting in Los Angeles, please find attached for
final review the updated work plan. If you have any further comments /
suggestions, please share those by Friday 24 October. If no further comments
are received, the updated work plan is considered adopted.

In relation to the proposed questions to address charter questions 3, 4 and
5 as highlighted in the attached chart, staff identified the following
(ordered in the proposed sequence for dealing with these question):
* GNSO Implementation Review Team
> * Currently optional, should this be mandatory (charter question 5);
> * How is the IRT expected to operate, what is its decision-making methodology
> (charter question 5);
> * What additional mechanisms, if any, should be foreseen for implementation
> related discussions (beyond those that take place with the IRT) (charter
> question 3);
> * How is feedback as well as the flagging of potential issues to the GNSO
> Council by the IRT managed (charter question 4 & 5)
* Implementation project plan
> * Determine if/how/when the IRT is involved and how consultations with staff
> should take place, if specific guidance is deemed necessary (Charter Question
> 3)
* GNSO Council
> * What process(es) is (are) to be used for addressing implementation / policy
> issues raised by the IRT (charter question 4)
> * What role does the Board play, if any, in addressing implementation concerns
> from the GNSO Council (charter question 3 & 4)
Please share prior to the next meeting, which will be scheduled for
Wednesday 29 October whether there are any additional questions that should
be added to the list, any edits to the existing questions, and/or, any
comments on the proposed order for dealing with these questions.

Best regards,

Marika