ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: Draft GNSO Fast Track PDP & Chuck's edit of the Draft GNSO Guidance Process: documents

  • To: "Aikman-Scalese, Anne" <AAikman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: Draft GNSO Fast Track PDP & Chuck's edit of the Draft GNSO Guidance Process: documents
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:21:18 +0000

Anne, it is my understanding that the EDDP would mainly be used in the case of
consensus policies as otherwise the Council could just as easily use the GNSO
Guidance Process. The criteria for invoking an EDDP specifically focus on
modifying consensus policies after they have been adopted / implemented or
issues that have been previously scoped as part of a PDP or other effort.
Unless an input request from the Board would meet these criteria, an EDDP could
not be initiated by the GNSO Council.

Best regards,

Marika