ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] With updated mp3 Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 07 January 2015

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] With updated mp3 Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 07 January 2015
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 18:25:42 +0000

With updated mp3:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-07jan15-en.mp3

Apologies for the inconvenience

Nathalie

From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 12:49 AM
To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>"
<gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: "gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>"
<gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [gnso-secs] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG
meeting - 07 January 2015

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
next week on Wednesday 14 January 2015 at 19:30 UTC for 90 minutes.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 07 January 2015 at 20:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20150107-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr – At-Large
Amr Elsadr – NCUC
Chuck Gomes – RySG
Greg Shatan – IPC
Alan Greenberg-ALAC
Tom Barrett – RrSG
Olevie Kouami – NPOC
J.Scott Evans – BC
Michael Graham – IPC
Avri Doria – NCSG
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben – ISPCP
Stephanie Perrin - NCUC

Apologies:
Anne Aikman-Scalese – IPC
Mary Wong – Staff

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Karen Lentz
Steve Chan
Berry Cobb
Terri Agnew

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 07 January 2015

   Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group of 7
January 2015

  Greg Shatan:Hello (again)....

  Marika Konings::-)

  Marika Konings:I don't know how you keep up Greg!

  Alan Greenberg:Not actaully keeping up and not having a life is how I
manage...

  Greg Shatan:+1

  Avri Doria:what do you mean not having a life.  this IS life.  what more
could one ask?

  Greg Shatan::-)

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all.

  Avri Doria:ok, if you want green i will take brown.

  Amr Elsadr:Sorry. Green's always been my favorite color. $$ :)

  Avri Doria:euh.

  Avri Doria:i will never pick green again.

  Avri Doria:normally i would pick purple, but the one they offer is too garish
for work.

  J. Scott:I will take pink

  Amr Elsadr:Hope you all had great holidays. This is my first ICANN call since
coming back online. :)

  Avri Doria:congratulations Mr. President

  Marika Konings:Congrats J. Scott!

  Chuck Gomes:Congratulations J. Scott

  Amr Elsadr:Congrats J. Scott.

  Greg Shatan:Congratulations, J Scott!!

  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:congrats!

  Greg Shatan:I don't mind being garish....  And I beat CLO to it!

  Amr Elsadr:Greg. It's your fault we're all talking about colors here. ;-)

  Greg Shatan:I've achieved so much....

  Amr Elsadr:This definition is more indicative to me of ICANN policy, not GNSO
policy.

  Alan Greenberg:Reference to GNSO *SHOULD* not be needed, but it doesn't hurt.

  Michael R. Graham:First: I'll accept whatever color -- unless driven to red.

  Greg Shatan:Michael -- I thought we agreed on this question...

  Alan Greenberg:I hope that this is the most controversial issue that we have
to discuss.

  Greg Shatan:But our check/x are opposed.

  Marika Konings:but would it then be called GNSO policy?

  Marika Konings:to Avri's point

  Marika Konings:The charter is focused on the GNSO

  Greg Shatan:Should it be "gTLD Policy"?

  Greg Shatan:Definitions are always important since they flow through
everything else.

  Amr Elsadr:Aren't these definitions just working definitions for the WG? The
reason we're listing them is that anyone who reads the initial report
understands what the WG is proposing, right?

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:singular

  Greg Shatan:A Canadian removing an "eh"?

  Stephanie Perrin:My apologies for being late, previous call went overtime

  Alan Greenberg:Only a once-remoed Canadian would make that comment.

  Alan Greenberg:removed

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:i think you can remove the phrase "from analysis to
policy not from the Board downdownward, but"

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Stephanie Perrin

  Amr Elsadr:Should the last sentence read "... from the involved organizations
and individuals, as practical and possible."

  Greg Shatan:Wearing my Hudson Bay blanket-striped scarf today.

  Michael R. Graham:Agree with Tom

  Avri Doria:do we have to say upward?

  Amr Elsadr:I uderstand that inclusiveness is what it is meant to portray.
Just not so sure it does that very well.

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:perhaps replace "upward" with "up towards"?

  Amr Elsadr:We discussed the equality issue a while ago if I'm not mistaken.
Isn't that why we added the "as practicle and possible"?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes use equal opportunity

  Marika Konings:@Alan - what was your suggested wording? 'All interested
parties'?

  Michael R. Graham:Or "all stakeholders and others"?

  Terri Agnew:@Avri, your audio is fading in and out

  J. Scott:Avri we can't hear you clearly.

  J. Scott:Can you put your comments in the chat?

  Amr Elsadr:@Avri: +1 on the use of "such as" to indicate examples listed, not
exclusitivity.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Interested Parties works

  J. Scott:how about stakeholders and other interested parties?

Tom Barrett - EnCirca:i would strike the word "stakeholder"

  Alan Greenberg:If we used Steakholder, the definition would be easier,.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: and relates to the Defined Term Significantly Interested
Parties  in ccNSOs FOI WG outcomes relating to RFC1591

  Avri Doria:ok, i will write my comments.

  Alan Greenberg:But that may just be because I am hungry.

  J. Scott:I can live with that

  J. Scott:Me too Alan.

  J. Scott:I am salavating at "steakholder"

  Avri Doria:so we leaving upward in.  oh well.

  Michael R. Graham:That's Buenos Aires, right?

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:works for me

  Alan Greenberg:I really dislike "upward to the Board"

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@avri I think the word upward is redundant any way. just
"to the Board

  Amr Elsadr:I disagree with removing "anyone else".

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:to provide guidance?

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:to the board

  Michael R. Graham:Historical note: The upward and downward references were,
as I recall, included to clarify the meaning of "Bottom up" --

  Greg Shatan:Parsing is an issue

  Marika Konings:Maybe further comments / edits can be suggested on the list?

  Stephanie Perrin:Sorry have to exit the call

  Michael R. Graham:@Alan:  I would have left out the up and down, but the
apparent lack of clarity of the meaning of the term sort of forced our hand in
definition -- this discussion is actually what we hoped would follow work on
the Deliverables.

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:we dont need "to the board" anymore

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:this is defining "bottom-up"

  Amr Elsadr:I believed the same as Alan.

  Chuck Gomes:I definitely did not believe that and that would be a critical
change.

  Amr Elsadr:Chuck, isn't that why we started with the principles and
definitions before we got into everything else?

  Amr Elsadr:Because they were meant to guide our work?

  Chuck Gomes:But not the only reason.

  Marika Konings:Correct - 15.30 - 17.00

  Michael R. Graham:I will be online attending and active.

  Marika Konings:GNSO Council meeting is from 13.00 - 15.00. The WG meeting is
currently planned for 15.30 - 17.00 local tiime.

  Greg Shatan:Bring your friends!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye got yo chair another call now

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:bye

  Amr Elsadr:I can't make it 30 minutes earlier. I thought we were going to
have 30 extra minutes at the end.