ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 25 March 2015

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 25 March 2015
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 00:00:38 +0000

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
next week on Wednesday 01 April 2015 at 19:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 25 March 2015 at 20:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-25mar15-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC
Carlos Raul Guttierez - GAC
Alan Greenberg-ALAC
Greg Shatan - IPC

Apologies:
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Olevie Kouami - NPOC
Michael Graham - IPC

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Mary Wong
Karen Lentz
Caitlin Tubergen
Steve Chan
Berry Cobb
Terri Agnew

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 25 March 2015

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group meeting of

  Carlos Raul G.:I got in!!!!

  Carlos Raul G.:no need for dial out terri

  Carlos Raul G.:thank you

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Carlos!

  Terri Agnew:understood

  Carlos Raul G.:Danke

  Carlos Raul G.:Sorry Mary

  Carlos Raul G.:what is your question?

  Mary Wong:Hi Carlos!

  Mary Wong:Trying to see how I can minimize the dock with all the icons at the
bottom of my screen :)

  Carlos Raul G.:try under view

  Carlos Raul G.:full screen

  Carlos Raul G.:in the upper linne

  Carlos Raul G.:In the word menu

  Carlos Raul G.:and then push the green button

  Carlos Raul G.:upper left

  Mary Wong:It made it about the same ... but thank you!

  Carlos Raul G.:ust under the apple

  Carlos Raul G.:it is not your pc

  Carlos Raul G.:it is your MS software by the way

  Carlos Raul G.::(

  Mary Wong:I think you are right - thanks very much!

  Marika Konings:Hi Cheryl - I am all by myself in room 19 in case you want to
join ;-)

  Mary Wong:Virtual hugs and greetings from us remote folks!

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Apologies for being late.

  Carlos Raul G.:y propose to move it to a better date for everybody

  Carlos Raul G.:the Istambul people must be exhausted

  Amr Elsadr:mmm. Kebab. :)

  Amr Elsadr:Also in favour of continuing with the call. I suspect the chairs
will understand.

  Carlos Raul G.:Marika, can you get closr to you Mic please

  Carlos Raul G.:it sounds like at the end of the tunnel

  Marika Konings:I am sitting on top of the phone but will try to speak louder
:-)

  Carlos Raul G.:then it is the phone...

  Carlos Raul G.:not the distance

  Marika Konings:we even have a polycom ;-)

  Mary Wong:It may be my line but I'm getting a bit of crackling

  Carlos Raul G.:it is hard to understand

  Carlos Raul G.:and not becuase of the accent

  Marika Konings:Do others have issues hearing Cheryl or myself? Or is it
Carlos's line?

  Amr Elsadr:Also not ideal audio from folks in Istanbul on my end.

  Carlos Raul G.:Mary and Amr come trough perfect

  Marika Konings:We'll try to speak up - apologies about that.

  Amr Elsadr:Could Greg move closer to the mic? Thnx.

  Marika Konings:We are all sittiing on top of the polycom - sorry if the sound
is not good :-(

  Carlos Raul G.:check with chick

  Carlos Raul G.:with chuck

  Carlos Raul G.:to ability to openly request changes

  Greg Shatan:We do have M&Ms in the room here in Istanbul.

  Greg Shatan:Peanut.

  Amr Elsadr:Jealous. We don't have M&Ms at all in Tromsø. I have to stock up
on them when going through airports!! :)

  Marika Konings:No M & Ms in Norway????

  Amr Elsadr:They have them in the south, but up here in the Arctic. :(

  Amr Elsadr:*not up here in the Arctic.

  Marika Konings:I didn't realise Norway was a developing country ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:Those of us who live "north of the wall" are roughing it with
wildlings. :)

  Mary Wong:The King in the North!

  Amr Elsadr:We don't have kings in the north. Only kneelers have kings. ;-)

  Mary Wong::)

  Carlos Raul G.:maybe GNSo centric was too hard, but I miss the view on the
interfaces, at waht tim it ecomes a daily issue

  Amr Elsadr:I thought the intent was to be GNSO-centric, since they are meant
to be applicable to GNSO processes and gTLD policy developement and
implimentation?

  Marika Konings:@Amr - yes that is correct. Following the GNSO's work, there
may be further conversations community wide whether some of this work may also
be applicable community wide, but we are not there yet.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Amr I see your point but then I think that may be why
RySG wants to change community to GNSO and that does not seem apprpropriate.

  Amr Elsadr:@Anne: GNSO processes are open to participation in many different
ways to folks outside the GNSO. That last comment by the RySG may limit that
participation. :)

  Carlos Raul G.:I agree with Greg

  Carlos Raul G.:just miss the cutting point

  Amr Elsadr:Also very much agree with Greg.

  Amr Elsadr:Welll..., then there was Spec 13 of the RA. :)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:i think that V

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Board adoption of policy is the final approval of actual
policy

  Carlos Raul G.:thank you Mary, ñlease repeat this recommendation in the
invitation for the next call for the benefit of the rest of the group

  Amr Elsadr:@Anee: Yes. ICANN adopting GNSO policy recommendations make them
ICANN gTLD policy. :)

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.