ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Agenda and documents for WG call on Wednesday 22 April

  • To: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Agenda and documents for WG call on Wednesday 22 April
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:20:59 +0200

Hi,

I’m not sure if the order of competing motions to initiate an EPDP or a PDP are
necessarily an issue. There are 2 sets of criteria to approve initiation of a
PDP as well as 2 other sets defining what a supermajority affirmative vote is.
Mathematically, I don’t believe they can conflict (although I may be mistaken),
so regardless of the order of the agenda, I don’t see how one could trump the
other.

The problem, as Mary pointed out, is more of an issue of a motion to initiate a
GGP competing with a motion to initiate a PDP. In fact, the carefully laid out
balance of the vote required to initiate a PDP versus a supermajority vote is
why I believed the supermajority vote would be more appropriate for initiation
of a GGP in the first place.

I also have a question regarding another one of the comments by NCSG. This is
specific to the NCSG comment saying that a GGP should not impose any new
obligations on registrants similar to contracted parties — The WG response is
“noted”. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks.

Amr