ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated public comment review tool

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated public comment review tool
  • From: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 10:57:31 -0400

Unless we are abandoning the usual voting model for the GNSO Council,
there's really no such thing as a simple majority of the Council, due to
the House system.

I don't think the issue is one of whether it is productive.  I think the
issue is one where a GGP may not be turning out the way some thought it
would.  Of course, that begs the question of how the output of the GGP will
ever get approved by the Council once it's finished....