ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

RE: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated public comment review tool

  • To: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated public comment review tool
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 17:19:47 +0000

Greg,

In saying a ‘simple majority of the Council’  I mean the following: “the
default threshold to pass a GNSO Council motion or other voting action requires
a simple majority vote of each House”.

Regarding your second point, that was essentially the point I was trying to
make in my response to Anne.  If a simple majority of each House does not think
a GGP should continue, what are the chances that the GGP will ever produce
recommendations that a supermajority would support?  I am presuming of course
that in considering whether to terminate a GGP the Council would try to
determine whether there are reasonable chances for the GGP to reach a high
enough level of consensus to gain supermajority support in the GNSO.

Chuck