ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 20 May 2015

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 20 May 2015
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 21:12:10 +0000

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
next week on Wednesday 27 May 2015 at 19:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 20 May 2015 at 19:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20may15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsubYD-2BXOSoZB-2Fwz5y6cRmAMJ3ytTDejHLY1wSMXb-2F0sxhcIiVFntOgoWw-2FTz-2FHrPxY-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmvOlqZz8Q94X0Gln628SAwH1B37cCsU6B32ByHJ5ojgZi5QtTVMIJy3uyHQVpRcm-2B1dbEprROxwW41DVPbw29OIcXQrVtCfE27W9vyj7E2JW8lKpuntkmT5qvoPR4DsK2IJt2CM3kMyUOzwaKcpbxFXtaPWIk0jGKn3tscOxrPDuyCFpBBiJex4TjHSEOU8WdNJ285ThKxWheGdGvxvTDz-2Fu2bt120hoRsg-2FbfSM-2BBhNwELVSlQyQKx-2FYngoDk2tPlhZ8ybJiQxMfdPsp0wV3375EOetH17fGYTRsXqs0V-2F9>

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>m<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>ay<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Alan Greenberg-ALAC

Chuck Gomes - RySG

Greg Shatan - IPC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large

Michael Graham - IPC
Tom Barrett - RySG

J.Scott Evans - BC

Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Apologies:
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings
Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Karen Lentz

Steve Chan

Berry Cobb

Ozan Sahin

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 20 May 2015

     Ozan Sahin:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group Meeting of

  Amr Elsadr:Hi Alan. Hi all.

  J. Scott Evans:I am joining

  Amr Elsadr:Yes. Apologies about sending them in late. Was listening to last
week's call.

  Mary Wong:No problem, Amr

  Mary Wong:The document is unsync'ed

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Michael Graham

  Amr Elsadr:@Chuck: Yes..., thanks for flagging this.

  Michael R. Graham:I would agree -- on my behalf

  Michael R. Graham:sitting on phone listening to awful music!

  Terri Agnew:Olevie Kouami has joined on audio only

  Terri Agnew:@Michael , I have alerted the op

  Michael R. Graham:@Terri -- Thanks.

  Terri Agnew:@Michael, I sent you a private chat

  Greg Shatan:Could the person snoring please mute their line?

  Greg Shatan:I think minimums are seen as just that.

  Amr Elsadr:@Alan: OK..., if that is made clear, that would be fine by me.

  Michael R. Graham:@Greg -- Sounded like Wednesday afternoon in San Diego . . .

  Chuck Gomes:Seems fine to me.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:fair enough @Alan

  Amr Elsadr:@J.Scott: That sounds like a good idea to me.

  Amr Elsadr:I like it..., or am "satisfied" with it. :)

 Mary Wong::)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly @J Scott

  Greg Shatan:Just let 'em try.

  Michael R. Graham:Perhaps make it open-ended: "...merely to reopen...issue
because a constituency" and drop "unless . . . available."

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:looks like it :-) :-) :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:page #

  Amy Bivins:Hi Cheryl, it's on page 75

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thx

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK

  Amr Elsadr:The IRT would also resort back to the council if an unresolvable
dispute comes up between members of the IRT and implementation staff.

  Mary Wong:Annex K

  Mary Wong:Annex K, Section III.B

  Mary Wong:Now we are on Section V.E (still Annex K)

  Amr Elsadr:I've lost audio. Am I the only one?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:audio OK for me

  Amr Elsadr:Back now.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I thin

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:nk that's a fine edit

  Chuck Gomes:I am fine with it.

  Terri Agnew:@Amr, we are unable to hear you

  Terri Agnew:@Amr, please let me know if a dial out is needed

  Amr Elsadr:I'm using the AC room audio. Will dial in, but just not sure the
sentence in V.E. is referring to disputes between IRT members and GDD staff.
This comes later in V.F., doesn't it? In general, I am fine with the language
the way it is.

  Amr Elsadr:Ah. Right. Thanks.

  Michael R. Graham:E looks like disagreement between IRT and GDD Staff, while
F refers to an IRT member not having opinion considered

  Amr Elsadr:@Michael: Yes, I think you got it right.

  Amr Elsadr:The language all seems fine by me. Hope I'm not missing something.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:not overkill worth metioming IMO.  YES

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:excellent :-) :-) :-)

  Amr Elsadr:Are we talking about a WG consensus call?

  Amr Elsadr:Agree that a consensus call would be better done on-list.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I would think so Amr

  Amr Elsadr:To be honest, I only looked at this document quickly today, so
thanks for the clarification Marika. I'll try to go through it more thoroughly
before end of day tomorrow, and respond on-list.

  Amr Elsadr:@Chuck: +1

  Chuck Gomes:Thanks J. Scott and everyone.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:great thanks everyone :-) :-) :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks to everyone for a great job done. This one's been
particularly fun. :)

  Greg Shatan:Bye all and thanks!

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.