ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: P&I WG Self-assessment

• To: Maureen Cubberley <mcubberley@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: P&I WG Self-assessment
  • From: Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 20:49:49 -0400

+1
I did not participate as fully as I wanted to because of timing conflicts, but I agree it was a very well run PDP and it was a pleasure to take part in it even in a limited way. I completed the survey upon prodding today, but I did feel rather guilty since I contributed almost nothing. Nevertheless, I guess my observations as a less engaged observer/participant are still relevant.
Kind regards and I do hope your health is better Maureen.
stephanie perrin

On 2015-07-30 20:23, Maureen Cubberley wrote:
Dear Chuck and Members of the WG and ICANN Staff,

It was with considerable hesitation that I chose to complete the survey (given the fact that my input was limited to only the initial efforts), however, I did give the survey serious thought, and responded accordingly.

Regrettably, my participation in the WG was cut short due to serious health concerns, nonetheless I was able to contribute a small amount to the initial stages of the work, and enjoyed doing so. You are all, individually and collectively, a pleasure to work with.

Throughout the long months that followed, I continued to monitor the WG's work (lurk?? :-) ...and I was repeatedly impressed with the high level of discussion, the constructive approach to solving the problems that emerged, and the positive, considerate and encouraging manner in which the WG leaders worked through the issues, one by one.

At the same time, the contribution by ICANN staff was exemplary: without their expertise and consistent and thorough follow-through I think the brilliant discussions would have continued, but the final report would never have been "brought home". Nor would many of the points of contention have been resolved in the positive manner in which they were.

So.....congratulations to all of you! It is work well done, and you deserve high praise, not just for your stick-to-it-ness (which was remarkable!), but most of all because together, you produced a valuable piece of work.

My very best regards to all of you!

Sincerely,
Maureen Cubberley

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 30, 2015, at 5:59 PM, Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Thanks to the seven WG members who have completed the self-assessment. That is very much appreciated. But that is less than 18% of the WG members so the results would not be very representative of the full WG.

I want to sincerely encourage more of you to complete the self-assessment. Remember that the questionnaire is slated to be disabled at the end of Monday, 3 August.

Chuck

*Sent:* Monday, July 27, 2015 6:50 PM
*To:* Gomes, Chuck; gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* RE: P&I WG Self-assessment

So far only two people have completed the self-assessment and one of those was me. I hope that all of you can find time to do this so that we have good data to use to evaluate our WG.

Thanks in advance for doing this.

Chuck

*From:*owner-gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:owner-gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx> [mailto:owner-gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Gomes, Chuck
*Sent:* Monday, July 20, 2015 6:00 PM
*To:* gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* [gnso-policyimpl-wg] P&I WG Self-assessment
*Importance:* High

Policy & Implementation Working Group Members:

In 2014, the GNSO Council adopted a process and questionnaire for Working Groups to conduct Self-Assessments when their work has been substantially finished. The goal is to provide Chartering Organizations, such as the GNSO Council, important information about how well its Working Groups are functioning through an examination of their *Inputs -> Processes -> Outputs* ultimately leading to continuing improvements.

Our Working Group has been identified to participate in this process the details of which are provided below:

* The survey tool is hosted by QuestionPro at this link:
    http://policy-implem.questionpro.com
    <http://policy-implem.questionpro.com/>. Please do not share this
    link with anyone other than our team members.
  * Background information and instructions are contained within the
    instrument. There is no login requirement, so you will not need
    user credentials.
  * Simply answer the questions (most use a 1-7 rating scale) on each
    page and, when you reach the end, click “Record My Answers!” If
    you receive a “Thank You” response, your feedback was
    successfully populated. There is a provision to <Save and
    Continue Later> if you are interrupted and cannot finish the
    survey in one session.
  * Based upon previous WG experiences, the survey should take
    between 10-20 minutes depending upon the number of comments you
    choose to provide.
  * If you would like to browse the questions in advance, they are
    published on the ICANN Community Wiki at:
    https://community.icann.org/x/nTXxAg.
  * The survey will be open for two weeks and will close on: *3
    August 2015 (23:59 UTC)*

An external ICANN consultant, Ken Bour (ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>), will monitor the completion process, provide brief status updates to us and Lars, and be available to provide technical assistance if needed by any of our team members. He will also be the only person who has access to your individual responses according to the following clause which you will see on the questionnaire welcome page:

*/_Confidentiality_/*/: We will be asking you for identifying information to ensure that each response is valid. Your individual responses will not be accessible by anyone other than the ICANN Staff Administrator and they will not be disclosed, archived or published in a way that could be matched to your identity./

Once the survey period has closed, Ken will produce a report summarizing the findings which will be shared with our team, the GNSO Council, the Stakeholder Groups, Constituencies, and other interested parties.

We appreciate your willingness to provide feedback about the *Policy & Implementation Working Group* and your participation in it.

Regards,

Chuck Gomes

J. Scott Evans

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy