ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

[gnso-ppsc-pdp] Statement of Interest template

  • To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Statement of Interest template
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:47:44 -0600

Here is my Statement of Interest:
        The participant's current vocation, employer and position:
I am Senior Vice President - Law and Policy of Public Interest Registry (PIR), a nonprofit corporation responsible for management of the registry of the .ORG top level domain. From 1999 until 2002, I was Vice President - Public Policy of the Internet Society. In 2002, I became founding Chairman of the Board of Public Interest Registry, and served in that capacity until August, 2004. I am currently Chair of the Registries Constituency of the GNSO. I am a member of the Bar of New York, Illinois and Wisconsin and a registered patent attorney with the US Patent and Trademark Office. I am a director of the Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois, Inc. I am a retired partner of the law firm, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal, LLP in the US, and have no connection at this time with any of its present or former clients. I am a member of the WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Center Panel of Neutrals. I am a member of the Visiting Committee to the Divinity School at the University of Chicago, a member of the American Law Institute and various other professional organizations, but have no policy making responsibilities in any of those organizations.

.       The type of work performed in the bullet above
As Senior Vice President - Law & Policy, I advise PIR on legal and policy issues and perform other executive functions.

Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or interested parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement:
I am Senior Vice President - Law and Policy of Public Interest Registry (PIR), a nonprofit corporation responsible for management of the registry of the .ORG top level domain.

. Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties? Except as described above, I have no commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes. I am not representing any other parties.

. Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a participant in any ICANN policy making process.
None

.Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their circumstances change.

David W. Maher
Senior Vice President - Law & Policy
.ORG, The Public Interest Registry
1775 Wiehle Ave, #200
Reston, VA 20190  USA
(v) +1-312-876-8055
(f)  +1-312-876-7934
http://www.pir.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and deleting this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.