ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

RE: [gnso-ppsc] RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc] RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate
  • From: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:36:32 -0500

I support Alan's comments below.

Paul Diaz
Policy & Ethics Manager
Network Solutions, LLC
From: owner-gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alan Greenberg
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 11:12 PM
To: Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc] RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential
reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate

I strongly support Robin's comment.

If the main issue is (as has been claimed) that the full PDP report is too
onerous, then we need to be told what the targets are for an acceptable length
Board report so that the WG can create it. In the end, the current
"confidential" report is likely to be written by the same policy staff who
assisted the WG in its deliberations and in writing its report.

If staff must also provide some sort of confidential advice to the Board in its
deliberations, that is fine, but it should be an addition to the report
(condenced or otherwise) send by the GNSO, not a substitute for it.

Alan