ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate

  • To: "'Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:33:48 -0800

I did not know there was such a thing as a confidential Board report from
Staff.  I do not see how such a mechanism can possibly fit within ICANN's
mission, at least wrt any such report regarding a policy matter.

Perhaps we should hear from Staff as to what sorts of confidential reports
they have been sending, and how often, so we can have a more educated
discussion on this point.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
548 Market Street