ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

RE: [gnso-ppsc] RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate

  • To: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, Wolf Knoben <knobenw@xxxxxxxxxx>, <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc] RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] PDP practice of confidential reports on public policy mattes is inappropriate
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:50:03 -0500

I'd like to weigh in support of our WG considering how to advance making
further reports in the PDP process available, to the community, even if it is
at the time that the documents are transmitted to the Board. I am surprised
that this list has been surprised that the reports Liz Gasster mentions are not
public. They began some time ago. I have made a few statements at the public
mike at meetings suggesting that all such reports from staff -- not just policy
staff -- be posted to the community as well as 'background documents'.
I do think this is a Board issue, not a policy staff issue. Overall, it
probably belongs as well in the Public Participation board working group.  Of
course, confidential information would need to be redacted.