ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

[gnso-ppsc-pdp] Tweeking of a policy post-implementation

  • To: <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Tweeking of a policy post-implementation
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:15:58 -0500

One of the items on our list to discuss is how might the GNSO "adjust" a policy after it is implemented.

The attached point is a case in point - an update on the Domain Tasting policy implementation. It identifies an area where a modification to the policy might be appropriate. Under the current processes, it would seem that the only way is to request an issues report and then initiate a new PDP. Within the context of GNSO priorities and overall workload, I would suggest that this will never happen.

Given that we are increasingly incorporating a monitor and report clause into new policy, this is not an issue that we can ignore, nor is it obvious how to address it while maintaining the bottom-up consensus-driven model.

I suggest that in advance of the PDP WT looking at this, anyone who is particularly interested might start a side discussion on alternatives for addressing this.

Alan