ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Your input requested - recommendation 14 - Efficiency and flexibility during the planning / request for an Issues Report phase

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Your input requested - recommendation 14 - Efficiency and flexibility during the planning / request for an Issues Report phase
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:56:43 -0400

Hi,

I stil think that the Staff should be given a week to asses the work
requirements versus existing load and should give an estimate that the council
can then negotiate with them.

I do not see much value in the ranges or tops ends - every schedule tends
toward the outside edge of a range since that is the most comfortable for those
who have to schedule the work.  I think if should rest on a realistic case
analysis.  We can be sure that if the Staff were to come back with a ridiculous
estimate thee would be someone in the council to question it. not that I would
expect this to happen - as a professional staff, I believe the Policy Staff
takes pride in its ability to get the work done in a timely manner and to give
accurate measurements.

a.