ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Your input requested - recommendation 14 - Efficiency and flexibility during the planning / request for an Issues Report phase

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Your input requested - recommendation 14 - Efficiency and flexibility during the planning / request for an Issues Report phase
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:30:12 -0400

It is fine for Council to "negotiate" with regard to Issue Reports the *IT* requests. I am totally against the GNSO Council having the right to negotiate on behalf of Issue Reports that it did not initiate. This give Council the ability to effectively defer on an issue that it has no interest in without even having the issues presented to it. This takes a lot of power out of having alternative methods of initiating the PDP process. And at best adds months to the process.

Alan