ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Updated outstanding issues document + action items

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Updated outstanding issues document + action items
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 13:03:36 -0500

Hi,

As I said, it is not a matter of taking their input more seriously.  Everyones
input should be taken seriously and 'source agnosticism' is a good thing.

What I am saying is that:

a. we should make direct outreach to them, for comment, not just let them read
the community announcement.  And by and large we already do that, we just need
to codify this.

b. if they go to an effort to send the WG a comment, we should respond in
detail explaining its disposition.  This is pretty much the same content that
would go into the document.  The only extra bureaucratization if the chair
putting it in a doc or an email adding a polite chapeau and sending it along.

For too long the GNSO has been the king of its silo and has treated the other
SO/AC with a degree of dismissal and superiority.  I just think it is wise in
the age of the AOC and it commitment to earlier cross pollination to have some
tangible evidence of having taken things into account.  That is the pragmatic
side of such politeness.

a.