ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

RE: AW: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Draft Revisions to Sections 3 and beyond - ALL PLEASE READ

  • To: Wolf Knoben <knobenw@xxxxxxxxxx>, <jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AW: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Draft Revisions to Sections 3 and beyond - ALL PLEASE READ
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:21:57 -0500

Let me see if I understand our concerns: 1)  we want legal support from the
GC's office, as appropriate and needed, to support the PDP process, and we want
it in a timely manner.2) Do we want the ability to ask for legal opinion as a
routine part of all PDPs, or as needed, and upon request?[sorry, sort of clumsy
in how I worded that]?3) Did we maintain the ability of the Council, by a super
majority vote, to decide to proceed with an Issues Report or a PDP, even if the
GC rules a topic out of scope?Comment: As some will recall, that did occur one
time, during the time I was on the Council -- PDP06, I believe.