[gnso-ppsc-pdp] For your review - draft PDP-WT Final Report posted on wiki
- To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] For your review - draft PDP-WT Final Report posted on wiki
- From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:24:34 -0700
Please find posted on the wiki
(https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoppsc/Next+Meeting) a first draft of
the Final Report. This version incorporates the agreed upon changes following
the WT's review of the public comments, as well as discussion on some of the
outstanding issues. In addition, it includes some minor edits and
clarifications. I would like to especially draw your attention to the following
items that need WT consideration:
* Recommendation #4 – Request for an Issue Report Template: Based on public
comments received, WT to review template (see page 49) and determine which
elements of the template should be required and how sufficient flexibility can
* Recommendation #13 – Impact Analysis (deleted): Following further review
of the WT deliberations on the comments in relation to recommendation #13, the
WT agreed that an ‘impact assessment’ at the time of the initiation of a PDP
did not make sense and noted that a ‘scope assessment’ is already carried out
as part of the Issue Report. The WT is therefore considering deleting
recommendation #13. (James to review text in relation to content of Issue
Report to determine whether it sufficiently addresses consideration of 'scope'.
If not, James to provide alternative language for consideration).
* Recommendation #31 – Implementation, Impact and Feasibility & section
5.10: WT to review edits proposed by Avri
* Council Recommendation Report (5.13): Staff wonders whether the current
language as proposed will work in practice: the GNSO Council approves the
report and designates someone to write the recommendation report, but the
report needs to be submitted within 21 days. Elsewhere, in the proposed bylaws
- the recommendation report is to be approved by the GNSO Council. We are not
sure how this can be done in 21 days. To address this we would propose changing
'approved by' to 'written at the direction of' the GNSO Council in section 7.
* PDP Flow Chart – I still need to update the chart to reflect any changes /
updates based on the latest version of the report. Some commenters also
suggested that it would be helpful to include the chart and/or broken down in
different sub-sections in the PDP Manual. I agree that it would be helpful, but
would maybe suggest to develop those once the overall PDP has been approved to
avoid duplication of work (and maybe at that stage a 'professional' graphics
designer could do a better job at translating the process in graphics than I
can with my improvised graphic designer skills ;-).
* Board Vote / Transition – I've requested input from ICANN Legal on
suggested language for these items to convey the WT's view. I hope to receive
their suggestions shortly.
* Public comment review tool – You'll also find the latest version of the
public comment review tool posted on the wiki. This document will be included
in either the annex or as a link in the Final Report. Please review this
document to make sure it captures the WT's views and comments accurately.
On the wiki you will also find a pdf version that includes line numbers. Please
feel free to submit your comments and/or proposed edits either by marking up
the Word document or to send comments/edits + line numbers to the mailing list.
With best regards,