ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] CONSENSUS CALL ON FINAL REPORT - PLEASE RESPOND ASAP

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] CONSENSUS CALL ON FINAL REPORT - PLEASE RESPOND ASAP
  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 08:12:08 +0300

Dear all,

I support consensus on this document adding that it has been a long, serious
and heavy assignment thus it delights to see the result.

Further, I commend the leadership exhibited by Mr. Jeffrey J. Neuman
throughout the entire lifespan of the PDP-WT. (Notable illustrations being
the many instances where he openly declared; “I am removed my WT Chair hat
and wearing my [stakeholder] hat … '...comments....' …. now back to Chair
hat”:-)

Appreciate the receptive contributions and cordial relationship among all
active WT members. Great to interact with you on the many conference calls
and I am eternally grateful to NCUC for sponsoring my meetings travel which
enabled me to put some faces to your voices, to have lunch, share coffee and
jokes with some you on the sidelines of ICANN community gatherings.

And acknowledge the exemplary support from ICANN staff to this particular
WT. There may be a lesson for other staff to learn on "how-to" support other
community volunteers?

Differences will never end but the difference is in how actors in a
situation choose to tackle them to arrive at generally acceptable
compromises - the consensus I support herein.

Regards,

Alex Gakuru