ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

[gnso-ppsc-wg] WG Team Conf Call Summary and Action Items

  • To: <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-wg] WG Team Conf Call Summary and Action Items
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:59:29 -0400

Working Group Team Conference Call,  19 March 2009 (1800 UTC / 1400 EST /
1100 PT)

Meeting Summary and Action Items

Note to the WG Team:   I apologize that this email, meeting summary, and
WIKI updates are late.   I was waiting for the MP3 recording to be sure I
captured everything and did not see Liz? post until late Friday evening.
Incidentally, the MP3 recording (see link at end of this email) sounded OK
when I listened to it this morning.   There is a long section of silence in
the beginning, so fast forward to about 9:45 (1/3 distance roughly) in the
MP3 at which point Glen announces the roll call; after that, it seemed to be
fine.   If anyone would like me to forward my downloaded copy, please let me
know.     Ken Bour

Participants on the call:

Caroline Greer

Zahid Jamil

Mike O?Connor

Glen De Saint Géry

Alexei Sozonov

Liz Gasster

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Zac Brandstater

Konstantinos Komaitis

Ken Bour

Iliya Bazlyankov

J.Scott Evans

Tim Ruiz

Thomas Roessler

S. Subbiah

The first item to be confirmed was Tim Ruiz? motion, proposed during Mexico
City, to reword Item I.2.1 of the Team Charter (see
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_charter_and_rules).
After requesting input from the team, J. Scott called rough consensus that
the motion has been adopted as proposed.   Ken modified the WIKI to reflect
the decision.

J. Scott then took up the single agenda item for this call, which is to
begin team activities and task assignments related to the Work Plan.    He
suggested dividing up the 9 points (see I.2.1-9) of the Team Charter into
sub-groups for the purpose of comparing them to/with the interim Work Rules
(see https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_charter_and_rules;
Section III. Interim Rules for PPSC Work Teams) to determine if they are
complete or if we see gaps or missing elements that need to be added.    If
there are additional content areas to be included, the second step would be
to divide up that work and ask team members to draft sections as
appropriate.

J. Scott suggested that we take 1 week to do the first comparison and report
out at the next session.

Liz commented that the 9 points in the Team Charter were intended to be
broad summaries only; as such, it may be useful for team members to read the
full set of detailed Board recommendations
(http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-report-03fe
b08.pdf) regarding Working Groups (see Section 3, pgs 12-21).    She
cautioned the team not to feel constrained by the existing Work Team rules
that have been in use thus far.   There is ample room for creativity in
developing additional content for the Working Group Model.  J. Scott urged
everyone on the team to read the full set of Board recommendations as
referenced above.

Tim recommended sub-dividing the 9 points into three groups and that
discussion evolved into the following table, including initial volunteers:

Charter Items

Group

Lead

Initial Volunteers

#1, 2, 3

Tim

Cheryl

#4, 5, 9

Subbiah

Alexei

#6, 7, 8

Zac

Caroline

J. Scott asked that each group distill their findings into a ?one sheeter?
for consideration at the next meeting.

IMPORTANT:  other team members are encouraged to select a grouping above and
contact the Team Leads to participate with the drafting.   As a way to
proceed with this task, Subbiah suggested that each participant write
his/her individual thoughts and send to the respective Team Leaders who will
summarize.

Glen will post another Doodle to schedule next week?s call, which will be
either Thu or Fri next week.   The call is expected to be one hour in
duration.

No other business was raised; the meeting was adjourned by J. Scott.

Summarized by:  Ken Bour

P.S.  If anyone missed the conference call, an MP3 recording is available
at:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsc-20090319.mp3.