ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Cross-Community Working Groups

  • To: Working Group <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Cross-Community Working Groups
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:19:52 -0400

Hi,

I would think that it would be, but on a voluntary basis.

When the chartering organization charters a group, they need to figure out what
modalities to use.  Once can expect that if the GNSO is one of the partners,
they would recommend it, e.g. we use a draft of it in JAS which is cross
chartered by ALAC and GNSO.

But then again, they could decide to do something else.
Anyone could, it is just a guideline.
So no obligation, but availability.

I think that why we changed the language from GNSO Council to chartering
Organization.

a.