ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

[gnso-ppsc] Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp]

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc] Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp]
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:35:36 +0100

Hi,

On reading it, and I have not listened to the recording of the meeting yet, I
object to the disparity in treatment between the two non contracted SG groups.

There should be the same number of representatives from each of the Stakeholder
groups.    As written this prevents the council members appointed from the
Board, or other member the NCSG executive committee wishes to send, from
participating.  This continues a disparity in the treatment between
non-commercial and commercial that was to have been eliminated by the
restructuring.

It should either be 1 from each SG or 3 from each.  The number of
constituencies should be irrelevant at this point.

I will be checking with the NCSG Executive Committee, so at this point this is
a personal point of view, but as Chair of the NCSF Executive Committee I wish
to lodge a provisional protest.

I also object that this request to the Council does not include specific
information on the staff that the ICANN Policy groups plans to send.  I
understand their very active participation in this work team, and think that
council members should know how many staff members will be sent since that is
part of the expense that needs to be accounted for.

I have heard other details about discussions during the meeting that concern
me, especially that affect to the need to include new blood and diversity in
this group, but will comment on those specifically once I have listened to the
recording.

a.