ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

FW: [gnso-ppsc] Action items & timeline

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [gnso-ppsc] Action items & timeline
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:35:54 -0700

Hi Marika,

that mail list participants are treated equally as those who participate on
calls.  This means no meaningful decisions can ever be taken on WG calls,
but must always be subject to list discussion and polling.  Reasons for this
are cultural and practical, as very few people have time and inclination to
participate consistently on WG calls, particularly non-English speakers.  My
read of the current report does not make any of this clear, but I think it
must be clear, and not subject to later revision by any particular WG.

I hope this preserves the issue for further discussion by the PPSC if any is
necessary, else for revision of the current report to make this clear.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Rodenbaugh

RODENBAUGH LAW