ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] Statement of Interest - Kelly W. Smith

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] Statement of Interest - Kelly W. Smith
  • From: "Smith, Kelly W" <kelly.w.smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:12:52 -0800

All,
Please find below my Statement of Interest.   I look forward to working
with everyone.
Regards,
Kelly
Kelly W. Smith
Senior Attorney
Trademarks & Brands
Intel Corporation
Phone:  (408) 765-1604
Facsimile:  (408) 765-6071

Statement of Interest
I am employed by Intel Corporation as a Senior Attorney, Trademarks &
Brands.  Intel Corporation is the owner of several famous trademarks,
including the INTEL and PENTIUM marks. I am resident in Intel's
headquarters in Santa Clara, California and am a member of the
California state bar. Since 2004, I have been a member of the
Registration Practice and DNS Administration Subcommittee of the
International Trademark Association's Internet Committee. In addition to
my general representation of Intel in trademark clearance, licensing,
and enforcement issues, I manage Intel's worldwide domain name
portfolio, making decisions regarding offensive and defensive domain
name registration, developing domain name enforcement strategies, and
asserting challenges to abusive domain name registrations. As a member
of the above-referenced subcommittee, I assisted in preparing comments
concerning the rights protection mechanisms proposed by applicants for
sponsored TLDs, and (with others) met with the leadership of the
PricewaterhouseCoopers .eu validation team pre-launch to discuss
questions and issues of concern to trademark owners.