ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] "To Do" List Arising out of 27 February Meeting

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] "To Do" List Arising out of 27 February Meeting
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:44:14 -0500

All,

As promised, here is a quick recap of our "to do" lists.

Each WG member volunteered to be responsible for a TLD.  If the list
below is incorrect, please let me know.

.aero - Frank
.biz - Mike P.
.cat - Avri
.coop - Victoria
.dk - Peter
.eu - Margie
 .info - Jeff
.jobs - Mike R.
.mobi - Tim
.museum - Kelly
.name - Kristina
.pro - Lance
.se - Avri
.travel - Kristina
.tv - Peter
.us - Jon

1.  The initial assignment is to review the relevant registry's policies
relating to pre-launch protective mechanisms (and dispute procedures for
such mechanisms) and to provide the information covered in I.C of the
Suggested Outline of Working Group Work Plan, which I copy below.

                C.      Describe existing rights protection mechanisms
                                1.      Eligibility
                                2.      Rights bases or requirements
                                3.      Submission process and costs of
submission
                                4.      Review of applications
                                5.      Challenge mechanism and cost of
mechanism

Because it will ultimately be necessary for the WG to develop defined
terms for key concepts, it would be helpful if each of us would start
considering what defined terms would be necessary in the context of the
TLD we are each responsible for and how those terms should be defined.
(You should certainly feel free to start circulating defined terms and
proposed definitions.)

2. I will touch base with Denise to request that staff prepare a form or
spreadsheet that will make providing the information and consolidating
it in the future more efficient.

3.  It would be helpful if constituency members could touch base with
their colleagues to ask that they start considering informally the
issues we discussed (e.g., what issue(s) the mechanisms were intended to
address, what is "success"; under that standard, were the mechanisms a
success and why/why not; issues created by the mechanisms, etc.)

4.  If you are aware of documents that would be helpful for the WG to
review, please feel free to circulate links.  I have copied below a link
to the Summit Strategies report that was referenced during our meeting.

  http://www.icann.org/tlds/new-gtld-eval-31aug04.pdf

Many thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Kristina

Kristina Rosette
Covington & Burling LLP
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20004-2401
voice:  202-662-5173
direct fax:  202-778-5173
main fax:  202-662-6291
e-mail:  krosette@xxxxxxx

This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that
this message has been inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this
e-mail from your system.  Thank you for your cooperation.