ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] Statement of Interest - John Berryhill

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] Statement of Interest - John Berryhill
  • From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:52:47 -0500

I am a former treasurer of the Registrar Constituency, and continue to
maintain the RC treasurer on behalf of its current treasurer.  I was a
member of ICANN Working Group B on protection of famous names, the GNSO UDRP
Review Task Force, and the ICANN Delete Policy Task Force.

I participate in the Registrar Constituency as the voting representative of
Domain Name Sales Inc., and I am a consultant to ICM Registry, a TLD
applicant, in connection with intellectual property issues.

I have represented both complainants and respondents in dozens of domain
dispute proceedings, including the UDRP, the .biz STOP, the .eu ADR, the .us
USDRP, the .us Nexus USnDRP, .mobi Sunrise Challenges, and the US Anti
Cyber-Piracy Consumer Protection Act.  I represent trademark owners and
challengers before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the
Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, as well as in obtaining "sunrise" domain
registrations in the .info and .eu TLD's during their respective launches.

I have a doctorate in electrical engineering, am admitted to practice in the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the federal courts therein, am a registered
patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and
maintain a law practice in the vicinity of Philadelphia, the Cradle of
Liberty and City of Brotherly Love.

Regards

John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
4 West Front St.