ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-pro-wg] Draft Survey

• To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pro-wg] Draft Survey
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:35:24 +0200

Kristina et al

Thanks very much for this.  Some suggested improvements.

1. You'll need to change the way people respond -- they can't tick or circle options if they are doing the form on-line. Suggest that you insert check boxes and then leave space for short typed commentary to be inserted.

2. I couldn't see a clear way that people would understand WHO they would be responding to -- for example, you should put my name and my email address in a box at the top and at the bottom to help people send back the form.

3. You'll also need to include a little paragraph which says "This information is being collected to assist the PRO-WG provide input into the new top level domains policy development process. The information will be used to assist the group to develop recommendations which the GNSO Committee may use in the ongoing policy development process (background information can be found at http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/pdp-dec05-draft-fr.htm). [Add list of PRO-WG members and add list of survey recipients including all the GNSO constituencies + who ever else is going to receive it.]

4. Insert a place where the contact details of the responder can be included. I will need to be able to verify where information comes from.

5. You also need to insert a "qualifier" question at the very beginning. "Are rights protection mechanisms necessary in the introduction of new TLDs?" and you'll need to repeat this question as an option in each of the questions you've raised. A reader is guided by the "choice" of questions and the current questions are skewed towards the presumption that, for example, sunrise periods would be included in the implementation round for new TLDs. This is not necessarily the case.

6. I suggest that you shorten the question list to maximum 20 questions which should take no more than five minutes to respond to.

7. Insert a line which says "the survey is being sent on x date and responses need to be returned by y date".

Of course, I'm happy to help you do this and we can talk about that tonight.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 02 Apr 2007, at 05:30, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

All,

Attached is a draft survey that contains questions suggested during our meeting last Sunday in Lisbon and supplemented by additional questions I have received. Please review it and circulate any suggested revisions before our meeting on Tuesday. (It would be most helpful to circulate revisions in track changes, document comparison or pdf file of handwritten revisions.) One obvious revision is to revise the order of the questions. In the interest of providing everyone with more time to review, however, I am circulating the survey in its current form.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to talking with everyone on Tuesday.

Kristina

<04012007 draft PRO WG survey - SCRUBBED on 04-01-07 23_25.DOC>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy